Friday, September 11, 2009

Jeff's Desert Mirage - The Ice Cream Truck Incident


So I go to this music video shoot way out in the California desert. I was told, "it's only a couple of hours away." The desert we went to was pushing five hours away. It was far. Then things get strange...

Mind you, I had two of my boys with me so I was not drinking or doing anything I shouldn't have been doing. First off, as we drive down this desert dirt road, we pass a yard sale. There was no house, no yard, no grass, no driveway, no signs leading to this place, just a small car and an old lady with a table and a bunch of stuff on the ground and a big sign that said 'Yard Sale'. As we passed, I say, "Hey boys, what's a yard sale doing here?' We start to freak out.

As we get further out into the desert, we find the set. We sit around and watch for bit. We run around all over the place because it's nothing but a big desert and there's not much to do. We grow bored. Just about when we are leaving, we hear that familiar tinkle-tinkle music that lets you know an ice cream truck is coming. An ice cream truck? In the desert? There's enough business to be had driving all the way out to the desert to sell ice cream to lost souls and yard sale patrons? Me and the boys were wondering if we had arrived in the Twilight Zone.

Picture above is proof of the tale...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: