Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cheap Entertainment - The Tent


I love my tent. I've used it dozens and dozens of times even though I've only had it officially 'camping' once. We camped once in the church side lawn. Most of the time, we've set it up right in the back yard.

Labor Day weekend was another such occasion to erect "Ol' Trusty" and we've using it ever since. Two sleepovers, one birthday, a couple of Saturday nights, and the thing is still giving. The best $100 bucks I ever spent at WalMart. I'll pull the fire pit over close and we'll roast marshmallow's just like real campers.

Interestingly enough, I've developed a reputation around church as a camping expert. I tried to explain that I've only been a couple of times but they do not hear me. Apparently, my tent was the biggest and that made me an expert. As long as the great outdoors is no more than fifteen feet from my back patio door, I'm good.

I'll pull it down soon. We'll most likely re-erect the tent around the X-mas holiday when the kids are off for a couple of weeks at winter break. Another couple of weeks of glory!

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: