Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jack Purcell's - The Uncoolest Sneaker in Hollywood


I really like Jack Purcell sneakers. That is your first indication that they probably aren't a very cool sneaker to be rockin'. First off, if you are going to veer from the cool-guy Nike/Adidas/fly-guy sneakers, most of us mid-forties white guys go for the Chuck Taylor. I don't really like those. I go for the Jack Purcell.

Issue #1 - They get really dirty, really fast. Not even the cool-guy dirty, just dirty.

Issue #2 - Jack Purcell. He was a badminton player. From Canada. In the 1930's. His claim to fame was the championships he won and the fact that badminton wasn't an Olympic sport when he was good so he always had a chip on his shoulder about not getting to go to the Olympics. Did I mention he was a badminton player? Badminton.

None of this has stopped me from buying dozens and dozens of pairs. Fortunately, since Jack Purcell's are such a niche market, the prices are reasonably low. Another uncool fact is that I am one of the cheapest dudes in Hollywood as well...

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: