Friday, January 30, 2009

I Can't See


One of the issues that contributes to my Uncoolness is clearly my age. I'm "too old" to have any semblance of coolness here in Hollywood. And nothing brings that more to light than the fact that I can't see very well.

Because I can't afford to buy my now-needed bifocals (Walmart is just too flippin' steep), I'm constantly raising and lowering my glasses as I try to text while driving. This ever-present raising and lowering of the glasses is a clear signal that I'm going blind.

The other thing that the constant raising and lowering does is to draw attention to the actual glasses. I just can't seem to pull the trigger (when I can afford to do so) on a pair of 'cool-guy' Buddy Holly specs. My wife begs me to get something with some style and I just can't do it. I always feel like an idiot when I try them on at the mall and end up buying the grandfather specials instead.

share this: Add to Facebook

1 comment:

kygirl said...

OMG!!! I concur!!! I can't see either. My doc said keep buying OTC glasses (and keep increasing their strength) until I can bite the bullet and get real glasses that might include *gulp* bifocals! I am only 40! I feel your pain cuz'!