Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Uncool Music Playlist - Pete Townshend "Stardom in Acton"



The Uncool hits keep on rolling... Live, from Jeff's iPod it is #7 on his most played list "Stardom in Acton" by Pete Townshend. This is probably one that not everyone is familiar with but I've always been a big Pete fan. This is one that psyches me up to get writing when I get into a lull. I never saw this video before, simple but clever...

I love these lyrics:

'Stardom - I want a hit
Want my tan, want my cash, want my innocence
Stardom - I want a script
Want by band, want my stash, want omnipotence'

This is line I didn't really understand until I moved to Los Angeles. Townsend is describing Southern California:

'Watching the storms and the tangling wires
And rivers that meet on the corner'

share this: Add to Facebook

No comments: